Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Medicine Bow Peak

Full smile for full moon!!
Last night, after I was already in a terrible mood and deciding the couch was the only place I wanted to be, Quinn reminded me of our plans to hike Medicine Bow Peak.  While I was certainly not in the mood to hike, the exercise turned out to be the best cure for unhappiness.

We drove up the Snowy Range and arrived at the base of the peak around 9:30.  We had a full mood--so bright we hardly needed lights.

Once we got to the top, bats swarmed everywhere around us!!! It was awesome.  I love bats.  They were flying pretty close to our heads.  Quinn decided that he was going to try to take a photo, but it is not the kind of photo you can really plan for.  But, after a few moments of random photo snapping Quinn captured a bat!! This was, by far, the coolest animal we have seen all summer.  All I need to see now is...A BEAR!!!

BAT BAT BAT BAT BAT BAT BAT BAT BAT
The whole hike lasted a little over 3 hours.  About half way down the peak I decided we should have brought sleeping bags and slept in the grass.  The weather was perfect! Quinn wished we would have a fishing pole.

I am tired today at work, but it was definitely worth missing out on the sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment